Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The New Place



So as I've said, we just bought our first house. We've been renting until now, and we decided it was time. So here are some pictures.


(Note the authentic rural-Missouri washing-machine-on-the-front-porch look.)

This stairway was what really sold the house - I love the woodwork.






It was built in 1910 - we're thinking of having a centennial party for the house in three years. Three bedrooms (which aren't pictured here because that's where all the junk is currently stashed) and two bathrooms. We'll be scraping off wallpaper and painting the walls soon.

It has a rock-walled basement that is very low-ceilinged and dungeonesque - I'm planning to film my first horror movie in it.

Y'all come see us now, ok?

3 comments:

aaronash said...

All right, my favorite part of this post.. Zooming in on the cooler in the last picture.

d-wain said...

I want a stone-dug basement for a wine cellar! Storing it in the cracks in the cinderblock just isn't the same...

Curtis said...

Jim! Ha! I found you! This is Curtis. Sweet place. Thanks for posting some pics!

Hollaback!