Friday, December 15, 2006

Words

A couple of interesting links for those of you who are of a literary bent:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_buffalo_Buffalo_buffalo_buffalo_buffalo_Buffalo_buffalo

http://www.100words.net

On the 100words site, look around and figure out what's going on, then go to the 2001 entries and look at the September 11th and 12th posts for several authors. Some are quite good.

(Warning: the 100words site doesn't filter naughty words. However, most of the authors do keep it clean.)

3 comments:

Christopher said...

Okay, the September 11 stuff was kind of enlightening. But the buffalo thing. I want my five minutes back. Oh, and also two aspirin.

Anonymous said...

I'd seen the 100words stuff before, but the buffalo thing... Wow, I have the personality that loves that sort of thing. Now I have to try to talk myself out of using it in my classroom. *sigh* You knew you could mess with my head, didn't you?

Jim said...

If you care, you can substitute the word "Police" for "buffalo" and make a sentence the same length. Who polices the police? The police police police the police. You can figure it out from there.